Anyway, this morning between racing around trying to find boxes in which to pack things (this involved diving into dumpsters while wear a bandanna to cover my unwashed hair) I made it to the thrift stores to look for a new desk. My current one is truly impossible, so I went scouring about and found:
- a set of four green-striped placemats for $1
- a pair of green and yellow converse hightops for one of the inlaws, for $2
- a pair of shoes for another friend, $2
- a child-sized folding chair, $1
- a desk, $10. Now, you have to understand: this is one of those monstrosities from the sixties that's big enough to perform surgery. It's beige and metal, with a laminate top. However, it has plenty of filing drawers (which we need) and I say once I spray paint it and cover the top with printed oilcloth, it will be quite lovely. I promise to post pictures.