word on the street is, I'm crazy but trustworthy

Is it because the interior of my house looks like an easter basket? Or is it because my hair was pale blue when I woke up this morning? Let me explain.
I came home from work last night to a houseful of friends and family who had spent the evening helping move and debating the question: given a choice between 5 pairs of shoes and unlimited books, or 5 books and unlimited shoes, which would I (the lady of the house and posessor of WAY TOO MANY of both) choose? My husband and oldest brother-in-law wisely guessed books, and they were right. So anyway, with all this manpower about, I decided to put it to good use spray painting the interiour of bookshelves and the exteriour of the new desk. (Sadly, I forgot to get "before" pictures of the latter.) So there we were, five of us (I think), crammed into the garage (with the door open, of course!) painting and taping merrily away. Clouds of spray paint were flying and I somehow managed to pick up most of it on my hair. (And around my nose: it looked like had been snorting blue cocaine.) This wouldn't have been a big deal except for the fact that I couldn't find a hair brush, because they were all over at the old house. (More information that you didn't need: in the drawer with my hairbrush was my deoderant and perfume. Fortunately my husband managed to find some non-Axe this morning, or I would have been smelling very manly today.) Truly calamitous, and I went to sleep without brushing my hair. Fortunately el husband found a comb this morning, or I would have been making a quick pre-work stop at the dollar store.
I read through the past few posts, and I notice that I've been promising to take pictures. Well, I have taken some. But they're still on the camera, and the computer is in pieces all over the office, so I won't be uploading them until that's put together. And it probably won't get put together until the new desk is painted, which should be done tonight or so.
Also: there will be no pictures of the kitchen until I manage to dispose of the newspapers and other assorted painting paraphenilia that currently cover every horizontal surface.

Comments

Popular Posts