same day, different outfit

Remember that wedding I was obsessing about attending? Well, that's where I was this weekend. After trying to find the perfect dress, I yanked this out of the back of the closet and tossed it in the suitcase and ended up LOVING it. Since my sisters were dressed in black, whenever we stood together we made an Andes mint.
Yes, it's vintage. I think I paid $3 for it at a thrift store? (This really skeezy salvation army that was SO WORTH IT. I was the only person in the store.)
The shoes, sadly, are my sister's. Sadly, because we left one of them at the hotel. We think. It was a happy moment, though, when I realized that my feet have shrunken and I can now borrow shoes from them. Hooray weight loss!
The dress is accesorized with the camera, otherwise known as "the child." In two days it should have a little brother!
Picture from Kat.

Comments

Cindy said…
That's a fabulous dress! LOVE it!
The dress is gorgeous and the color makes it even more beautiful. You look lovely in it.
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous dress, amazing color and you look like you're having fun.

I was actually just looking at Red Light (a wonderland of 1950s and 60s vintage shop) for dresses for this summers upcoming weddings. I was in too much of a rush to try anything on but am definitely going back now.
Anonymous said…
The color of gorgeous, but it looks so great because it works with your own coloring so well. The ivory complexion, the dark hair - positively smashing! So glam, dawling.
Anonymous said…
Sorry to ask via comments but I really wanted to do a post on vintage dresses and use this pic. I would completely understand if you're not ok with that but it's just such a fabulous dress & really inspired me to look for a vintage dress for for the two weddings I've been invited to this year.

-suitablyironicmoniker@gmail.com

Popular Posts