dotty delights

As I'm sure you know, polka dots are all the rage for this spring, but even if they weren't, there's something ineffably springy and cheerful about those little spots of goodness. Avoid the cookie-cutter look by wearing vintage dots instead of picking them up at the nearest chain store. All items from Ebay, and all under $20 at the time of posting.

I love the idea of wearing this with a high-waisted pencil skirt and a primly buttoned vest for that secretary look. auction

How about wearing this over a pair of skinny pants with red heels and giant red sunglasses? And then use the sash as a headband. auction

So we don't all have the legs for this look; that's ok. Add slim white pants, simple flats, and a giant straw tote for the ultimate in comfortable springy ease. auction

At first glance this dress is a bit tricky to wear, but I could so see cinching the waist with a wide belt and adding impossibly high heels. Maybe shorten the sleeves to three-quarter-length, too? auction

I've almost convinced myself to lose 20 pounds just so I can fit into this suit. It's just that adorable. (And yes, I would so wear a vintage swimsuit in public. With red lipstick and waterproof mascara, of course!) auction

Comments

Anonymous said…
Polka dots are wonderful! The modified-swing dance number that I'm costuming is done in polka dots, for practicality among other reasons (you know what they say, polka dots goes with polka dots). In fact, I have one dress very much like the second to last. It is difficult to pull of, but luckily I found a tall dancer that loves it and pulls it off so well, paired with a magenta belt. I'll try to get pictures!

Popular Posts