another boring post in which I'm rambling about my house

Sadly, that is not my kitchen on the left. That is this other totally cool kitchen I've had favorited on Flickr for forever and since I haven't uploaded any pictures from le camera yet, I have nothing to share with you. But I promise I'll get them up soon!
I'm sorry I've been so absent lately. I've been so excited about the move/painting/having a little house of my very own (sort of) that I've not wanted to look at other people's house--I want to be at mine, working!
Since yesterday was my day off, I ran a bunch of errands, including a haircut (I have bangs now!) and then rounded up le sisters-in-law and went to the new house to paint. Hooray paint! We weren't able to get started on all the rooms, because we had to wait for the varnish to dry in the living room. However, we did get the kitchen completely done--it's pale, pale pink. About halfway into the project I started having misgivings and convinced myself that the whole thing is going to look like a nursery gone mad (it has a bright blue floor). Ah, well. I'll make it work! I think the key will be picking the right fabrics to tie everything together.
Oh! Did I mention that we've agreed that le husband gets to do whatever he wants with the basement? We're planning on keeping both the weight set and the TV down there, and I've heard talk of bean bag chairs and a rug. We already have an extra couch, so things will be quite comfy. I'm referring to it as his "lair" and am threatening to get him a disco ball, just because I'm nutty that way.
I can hardly wait to get off work in an hour and a half so I can zip over there and see what else has been painted today. I'll take the camera, I promise, and this time share pictures of the progress.

Comments

Popular Posts