shoes vs. books

The challenge my brothers-in-law made up because quite the topic of discussion yesterday, as I asked everyone I knew. (For the record: all my coworkers chose books over shoes. But that could be because most of them only own five pairs of shoes, if that many.) So I'm posing the question to you, dear readers.
Here are the constraints: you have access to either five pairs of shoes and unlimited books or five books and unlimited shoes for your entire lifetime. (Yes, Porkchop, I know this is a little different than what we discussed, but I had to set guidelines somehow.) If any of the objects wore out they would be replaced with the same thing.
So, which would you choose, and what would you choose?
I would take unlimited books, and my five pairs of shoes would be:
1. perfect black highheels, rounded toe, with a narrow, but not skinny, heel. (The goal is a classic shape that will look good for fifty years.)
2. black chanel ballet flats (M and I agreed that if we only get five pairs, money is no object.)
3. strappy black high-heeled sandals
4. knee high red leather boots (gotta relieve the black somehow) flat leather sandals of some sort, for summertime
5. a pair of athletic shoes. (This choice is highly debateable, since I hate exercise. But I suppose that by the time I was 60 I might appreciate something I could wear besides the chanel flats.)

So what are your picks? And if you choose unlimited shoes, you have to say what five books you would take.

Comments

Popular Posts