early childhood fashion inspiration

early childhood fashion inspirations
Cole slaw.
My grandparents made the best. coleslaw. ever. It was tangy and sweet, pale green flecked with darker green and bits of orange. I loved the stuff, and look forward to family gatherings so I could eat it. (My mum wouldn't make anything that contained that much white sugar.) I loved it so much, in fact that I had a shirt and blouse that reminded me of the yummy stuff: pale green florals flecked with darker green and tiny spots of orange. So, since they were both individually coleslaw-y, I ignored the fact that they completely clashed and wore them trumphantly together. And was happy.

Best Mennonite Coleslaw (all measurements are estimates, since no one ever measures)
1 head cabbage, sliced thin and chopped fine. Be sure to include the dark green outer leaves. (I use a mandolin for mine. It just doesn't taste the same if you only chop it.)
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
1 dark green pepper, chopped fine
1 large onion
1/2 cup mayo
3 TBL vinegar
1/4 C white sugar
2 tsp celery seed
salt and pepper to taste

Mix together thoroughly and adjust seasonings. Tastes best if made several hours before.

Comments

*Emm said…
Thank you for your post! I sometimes feel like a glutton for being soo inspired by food! The other day I was drinking homemade lemonaid and become obsessed with making a yellow top!

Popular Posts