when you're short on inspiration, may I suggest the public library?

DSC_0018 DSC_0019
I scrounged through the shelves last week and discovered all sorts of fabulous resources. Second Time Cool is all about recycling sweaters, and Oldies But Goodies is a seventies-era guide to recycling. I'll share a couple of pictures from each.
Second Time Cool has this awesome slipper idea:
DSC_0017

And these restyled sweaters. The dress on the right is made from bands of various sweaters sewn together into a tunic.
DSC_0015
I would say this book is totally worth finding to take a look at. There are a bunch more great ideas.

Now Oldies But Goodies, on the other hand. Perhaps you would like to use up your scarf collection and turn it into a dress?
DSC_0020

Or better yet, take glasses lenses and turn them into lapel pins. Perfect stocking stuffers!
DSC_0021

Although there were some cute ideas. This cap-sleeved pillowcase child's dress, for one.
DSC_0022

I'm thrilled by what I turned up by roaming through the stacks--it's always a treasure hunt!

Comments

I am totally ordering Secondhand Cool! Thanks so much for this post!
Anonymous said…
Adding second hand cool to my wishlist now.
Sorka said…
ooooh that is looking like a great book!!! reserve it for me my favourite librarian!!!
Denise
knitchat.com

Popular Posts