first package in the new house!

From sew mama sew. Fast shipping and fabulous service. They sent me swatches of the fabrics I loved, but I don't think I'll be able to use them--they're too orange-y. Le sigh. It's back to the drawing board.
first package in the new house!
Starting at the bottom left, the first three fabrics are oilcloths. I ordered 1/4 yards of those, to check the color, figuring the small pieces could easily be turned into makeup bags for stocking stuffers. I've decided to use the (out of focus) green one on the office desk; it has all these amazing yellow pineapples and bananas that look smashing. The red and pink callico is a feedsack reporduction fabric; I bought the last remaining yard of it and I'm not sure what I will use it for. Throw pillows, maybe? All the way in the back is a thirties apron pattern I also purchased; it's cut on the bias so it only uses one yard of fabric, but covers completely. Maybe I'll use the calico for this! Finally, on the right you can see my three swatches of fabric. The pictures on their site are pretty accurate; it is a rather orangish sort of red. I defintely need a bluer red, so it's back to the drawing board for me!
Might I add that besides the blazing fast shipping, they included a personal note in my package? Lovely company.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How discouraging! Thanks for the recommendation on the company, though, I may look into ordering from them.

It's more expensive, but have you looked at superbuzzy.com? I was reminded of you when looking at some of their floral and retro patterns today.

Popular Posts