getting ready for thanksgiving

We're having it at our apartment this year, cramming in 13 people and one huge turkey. (The dog has to stay home.) I'm excited, and am making lists of all the yumminess I want to include. Angel biscuts, creamed spinach, glazed brussels sprouts. Corn pudding? I love it, but will anyone else? Stuffing, of course. But what kind? Not oyster stuffing--I hate it. But should there be nuts and dried fruit, like martha stewart's recipie? Or should I stick with onions? And what about appetizers? Ah, the delightful flurry of decisions that comes with throwing a party. I'm also looking at this as an excuse to covet buffalo-printed disposable coasters, more white dishware, salt cellers, and new napkin rings. Oh the bright side, aren't we all glad I'm not clamoring for lip-print plates?

Comments

Anonymous said…
must do mashed turnips! aunt kat has some wonderful stuffing recipies. pumpkin soup? sweet potatoe biscuits? iced tea!

next year, ya'll need to come out here and we'll have thanksgiving at my house!

Popular Posts