currently

reading:
By the Pricking of my Thumbs. This is another Agatha Christie, and something about fall makes mysteries even better, don't you think? 
Silent in the Grave, by Deanna Raybourn. I discovered this author when she linked to my blog (!!!) and, since I loved her workspace, I had to check out her books. Well, I'm only on chapter four or so, but so far I love it. Deliciously gothic-feeling. Another fabulous fall read. 

listening to: 
Filmspotting. I'm an avid podcast listener (Don't tell le husband, but I'm pretty sure that this addiction is what causes me to consistently go over on internet usage. Well, that and me constantly having to email/upload photos.) and besides the ever-fabulous CraftLit and LimenViolet, which I've mentioned before, I've recently started listening to this film review podcast. I love it. I don't always agree with their analysis, but I always enjoy listening to their comments, and besides finding new (and old) films that I need to watch, I'm watching films more critically. 
I also have some new music that I need to review, but I've not had time to listen to it thoroughly yet. So maybe next week. 

eating:
crockpot stew. This has to be one of my favorite meals to make, if only because it's so easy and delicious. Here's how you do it. 
Take a package of stew meat and toss it with a little seasoned flour. Brown in a hot frying pan, and throw it in the bottom of your crockpot. Add some diced potatoes, two carrots sliced into rounds, two sliced celery stalks, an onion or two, and maybe a little fresh garlic. Turnips are delicious if you have them. Now dump a can of diced tomatoes over the whole thing. Normally I use a small can, but I was feeling reckless today, so I went with the 30 oz one. Pour in hot water until it's almost full, and salt and pepper the whole thing. Then put it on "high" for 4 hours or "low" for eight. It's that simple. A really delicious meal, and pretty cheap. And healthy. (It works well with venison, two.) 

Comments

Claire said…
I spent most of today listening to my enormous backlog of filmspotting podcasts. I love it too!
Unknown said…
Fall makes every book better! The other morning, I curled up in a blanket on my front porch while it was still cold and damp out, and read an entire book. Amazing. I think I'm gonna go blog about that :)
pungsnotded said…
Crockpot stew, sounds yummy!

Popular Posts