Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat

Maybe it was the snowflakes drifting down this morning, maybe it's the fact that I'm starting to kick into overdrive on the gift-acquiring end of things, but it's getting to be that time of year when one has to figure out the perfect present for everyone on your list. I've found a few spots that might help you along.

  • Jansdotter.com has some lovely, well-designed items for the home and the closet. I'm especially entranced by the tissue-box cover. I hate tissue boxes, so I never keep those handy things around. But that? Just might make me change my position. (I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to make, either.)
  • Inspire company, besides having a charming site, has some lovely gifty ideas. Although some of their things are a bit twee, who wouldn't like the toile notes or coral necklace. And I want the birthday ring!
  • I just found out about my bonnie and clyde today, but I'm already addicted, I think. It's all indie artists and crafters. Check out the blackbird pillow, chaos lamp, and the nanette clutch. I think Porkchop might need that last one.
  • These images are almost enough motivation for me to learn to crochet. Wouldn't they be fabulous stocking stuffers for small people?
  • And then, if all else fails, there's always Amazon. If you can find their wishlist, you're home free! Personalize a book by wrapping it creatively, and you're guaranteed a gift that they'll like.

I just realized that most of these gifts are very feminine. I'll have to come up with some things angled toward the testosteron-laden gender. I post them as soon as I think of some creative ideas...which I desperately need. (Have I mentioned that it's very tricky for gift-giving when you've grown up in a family of mostly girls and marry into a family of mostly guys? Very tricky, indeed.)

Comments

Popular Posts