in lieu of whining

redboots Inspired by all the loveliness that I've been posting here, as well as the beautiful pictures others have shared, I'm determined to put some effort into our apartment instead of letting it remain the black hole of nothingness. I began by rasterbating the photo on the left, and am currently debating wether to hang it on the wall next to our fireplace (where you see it when you walk in the door) or around the corner, where it might be more difficult to see the pattern since you can't back up as far. I'll consult with le husband and see if he has any brilliant ideas.
I went on a wishing expedition at Ikea, and I've come up with a list that I think remotely approaches practical. We've been thinking about getting a folding screen for one end of the living room, to block my computer area from view and to make the living seem a little smaller. (Right now it verges on cavernous, even with a sofa AND loveseat AND piano. But we were having trouble finding a screen I liked in our price range(they're just so floofy and decorative, and I hate stuff that is merely decorative, photos being the exception) plus we always need more bookshelves, so I think I have le husband convinced that this shelf will make a good room divider. In the black-brown? I'll put books and heavy stuff on the bottom, and use the top shelves for maybe filing/storage boxes and more framed photos. Then I want a flokati rug to throw in front of the sofa and make more of an "area" instead of a "piece of furniture plunked down in the middle of a vast sea of ugly tan carpet." And finally, we're planning on getting the malm bedframe. Before you say anything--yes, I'm aware that Ikea is not the best quality. I'm also aware that there are some that believe that you should only buy really good quality and the thing you really like. Well, it's a nice theory, but since the next bed I like costs about 14 times more and the bed he likes costs about 8 times more and this is one of the few we agree on and we're currently sleeping with the mattress on the floor? I'll take el cheapo, thanks.
Next on the list: finding a slipcover for a camelback sofa.

Comments

Popular Posts