simply smashing

You have to understand that I usually listen to soundtracks like I do mixtapes; I'm looking for my next favorite song. Rarely do I like the whole thing, and I always skip past the instrumental bits. After all, I got my fill of soundtrack music years ago, when it was the only thing livening up my classical collection. Besides, all instrumentals start to sound the same after a while; you have the sad, heart-wrenching bit, the happy moment theme, and the final, soaring, triumpant finale. So. Not. Intothatanymore.
Not Little Miss Sunshine. It's wry, and sweet, and charming. It makes me laugh as I recall favorite moments from the film. I'm not sure if I would love it as much if I hadn't seen the movie, but that's a moot point. Oh, and if you see me squiggling down the street with a huge grin on my face, it's probably because I'm listening to "Superfreak."
$13.99 at Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts