my yarn-buying virginity is now gone

Actually, it has been for a while, I guess. That just made a good title. But for some reason I felt guilty while buying yarn today, like it's some sort of contraband. Maybe because 'm using some of it for myself? Maybe because it's not thrifted, not a sweater to refashion. I walked into Joann's and walked back out with four skeins of yarn, having paid full retail price. Two are sort of olive-y green flecked with gold (those were on sale!); two are shades of blue and one hundred percent wool. I'm not sure why I'm so obsessive with knitting lately; maybe I'm glad that the nephew's hat/mitten set is finally done? (Well, the knitting part is done. I still have to finish it and weave in ends and all.) Maybe it's because it's such a lovely, relaxing, productive thing to do; I can watch movies/spend time with my husband and STILL end up with something to show for it. Anyway, I'll be sure to post pictures are I get started on my projects, which list shows no signs of shortening. I want to turn the blue into a pair of these, the green into one of these and find the perfect yarn to make this sweater for le husband.

Comments

Popular Posts