works in progress

wristlet yarn
I'm almost done with one wristlet (on the left) and the yarn on the right, destined for a scarf, has been halfway turned into one since the picture was taken. The wristlets were intended for me; I think they're going to be part of my mother's christmas present. Note that in the picture I hadn't finished weaving ends yet; I couldn't find my darning needle. A trip to Joann's today not only yielded that useful instrument, but also yarn for a Jayne hat for le husband's cousin and yarn to make a more manly version of the wristlets (thicker yarn and simple ribbing instead of cabling). Yes, my hand is sore. But tonight we're having friends over for cheesecake and coffee while the wind howls outside and a log burns in the fireplace. Truly life is good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i know right? marcel's dumb...and i haaaaaaaate his hair. i wanna take a weedwacker to it.

Popular Posts