and so life continues

I must confess that I spent much of yesterday feeling stressed because of this whole idea of hosting Thanksgiving. I have a tiny kitchen! And a tiny oven! And a very dirty bathroom. So I did what any logical person would do: I made a spreadsheet. Now my evenings from Monday on through Wednesday are thoroughly planned, and Thursday has an hour by hour checklist (what we used to do in the restaurant). Shopping is tomorrow, and I haven't made my list yet; I'm still debating my cranberry recipe and the rest are at home.
In other news, I finished le husband's scarf. I would have posted a picture, but he wore it to work before I could get one. He almost didn't get it, though; I wore it yesterday and fell madly in love with it. I think I'll be knitting more for myself after Christmas is over. (There's this cashmere blend that I want to try that will be scrumptious, I think.) I need to take a picture of my knitting basket (it's a basket now! not a pile!) with all the little projects that need finishing. Have I mentioned that I hate weaving in ends? Side note: I'm supposed to be making a Jayne hat as a Christmas present, but all I could find in the right colors at the local places has been this horrid, very fine acrylic stuff. Which I bought anyway, hoping that if I knit two strands at once it would work. However, two strands isn't going to cut it. I think I'm going to need three. And that's the point at which I just might decide to give it up and buy new yarn. I can give this ickness to some old lady at church, and fine the good stuff online. I hope.
Christmas preparations are clipping along at a mad pace. I can't detail those too much, but suffice it to say that I'm hoping to catch up on photo editing projects by Thanksgiving so that all of December's free time can be dedicated to the gloriousness that is Christmas. And Christmas music, and general wonderfulness.

Comments

Popular Posts