on to the next thing!

I've been working like mad, trying to get caught up on photo-editing. My goal was to have them all done by Thanksgiving, and it looks like I will, since I only have about twenty images left to do, and I should wrap those up tonight. Hooray! Now I can focus on Christmas preparations. We're planning on decorating the tree on Saturday, and I think the younger kids are going to come over to help. That means I need to get the garland made (I haven't been able to find exactly what I want, so I think I'll make it) and the decorations sorted.
We're also planning for the Christmas formal, and, true to my usual form, what started out rather simply is turning into quite the production. The girls must look smashing, of course! For Eli I'm recutting a formal that I bought for fifty cents; for Lee I'm going to make a top and skirt. JoAnn's is apparently having a big sale on Friday; I'll hit that before heading in to work. After I get those wrapped up, it's just a matter of finishing Christmas presents all around. I do so love the holidays.
Thanksgiving update: tonight is "cleaning the apartment" night. I figure if I can get it really clean, we can keep it neat and polish things up on Thursday morning. I won't start any cooking until tomorrow night, when I'll do pies and cranberry sauce and that sort of thing. All provisions are purchased, and the fridge is bursting at the seams. I have to check every tim I walk by to make sure the turkey isn't waddling out of the freezer.
Oh! Saturday night we were at Walmart picking up the contents of our Operation Christmas Child shoebox when I found tablecloths on clearance. I know, I know, Wal-mart tablecloths. But they're a lovely cranberry red, and I was planning on draping cloth over the table, so that works out just fine. I still have't decided what to use for centerpieces; maybe I'll pick up some little pumpkins and glitter tonight I try that glittery pumkin thing I linked to some time ago. Otherwise we might just let the food be the decoration.

Comments

Popular Posts