move over, cute overload


I adore Jan Brett. I've been in love with her since I was eight, I think. Of course, back then I didn't really know who she was; I only knew that there was this copy of "the Owl and the Pussycat" that enthralled me. The pictures were so intricate, so detailed. There were stories within the story, and I spent hours poring over that book.
Now, though, I know who she is, and I've been known to request her books for Christmas presents. So today, when I found her website, I was enthralled. (Don't ask me why, but I'd never thought to sit down and google her.) I was looking for coloring pages to print out and use here at work, and boy did I find them. She has Hedgie (in my opinion one of the cutest characters ever, definitely rivaling Miss Tittlemouse) doing everything you can imagine. As a calendar, making a hedgehog snowman, juggling, and, my personal favorite, as a blue angel. The site is full of plenty more activities and ideas, from how to draw a dog to making hedgehog cookies. So if you're a mum with kids and want ideas, or you just want to step, for a little while, into a world where animals talk, this is the place for you.
Image via janbrett.com

Comments

Popular Posts