if bomb diggity could be worn on the head, it would totally look like this hat I'm knitting

Or, random ruminations from my scatted brain.

Last night le husband and I finally found a place around here the serves decent sushi, and we were both so estatic that we couldn't stop grinning about this wondrous state of affairs. We then went and watched "Music and Lyrics" (a real date!) and although Hugh Grant is his usual charmingly rakish underacheiver character and Drew Barrymore is her usual lovely self, the whole movie is a bit flat, I think. There are some fabulous moments ("Every syllable you uttered was devastating") but on the whole it's a little eh. Even the music is blah. Drew's wardrobe is utterly charming, though, and Hugh's take on the Tom Ford look (black blazer and white dress shirt at all times) is velly sexy.

So anyway, that was just an intro to say that I made le husband go to Borders with me afterwards, just because we were near there and I like bookstores, and I got to flip through Twinkle's Big City Knits and can I just say that I think I've finally found the motivation I need to work out? No, seriously. I've promised myself that if I work out every day (at least 15 minutes) for the next 21 days (the time it takes to build a new habit) I'll buy it for myself. WITHOUT A COUPON. OR A SALE. Ladies and gentlemen, I think I can feel the world slowly grinding to a halt.

Also, I've been swithering on the whole "should I should I not get bangs" issue, and I'm sure I'll swither some more because my appointment isn't until March 1 (!!!) but looking at these pictures has definitely assuaged a few butterflies. The girl at the bottom of the post? Loveliness.

Oh, right. The bombdiggity. I posted a picture a few days ago of an image I found in Nylon magazine of a giant oversized knitted beret and I decided I needed one. So last night, not having enough chunky yarn around to just make on, I pulled out an old sweater that I had knitted for the husband that he doesn't wear and I unraveled it and started knitting. It currently looks like a poof of heathery grayness and we all know that poofs of anything = awesomeness. I'll post a picture when I'm finished. Or not. You know, whatever.

Comments

Popular Posts