on being visually inspired

I was talking to Leslie on Sunday night, discussing movies that inspire us. She's a costume designer for a local theater troupe, so she's all about the visuals. So anyway, I'm making a list of movies that inspire me, and so far it's not very long. I'm solicitng suggestions here--what do you watch when you need ideas?

Breakfast at Tiffanys:: the clothes, homes, hair, everything about this movie is fabulous
Moulin Rouge:: I love the opulence in this film. I want a house shaped like an elephant!
(the original) Sabrina:: perfect clothes.
Marie Antoinette::I haven't seen this, and I've heard it's kinda boring but completely worth watching for the clothes and houses. Thoughts?
The Devil Wears Prada:: well, this one actually inspires me to shop. I think it will be interesting to see how this ages.

Comments

lsaspacey said…
Amelie, Funny Face, City of Lost Children, The Piano, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? (Gene Wilder version) and The Incredibles.

Popular Posts