a crisis of confidence

The first weekend in March I'm flying down to a wedding where I mostly know the people through my blog and online forums. There will be some I know IRL (the bride, for one), but mostly? I'll be surrounded by people who have this massive misconception that I am a fabulous fashionista.
I'm scared silly. Everyone knows that girls don't dress to please guys (if that were the case we'd all walk around in bikinis and fur coats) but rather for other girls. I can't borrow anything from my sisters--that would completely undermine my position as "Mistress of the Wardrobe."
When it comes to charming cocktailesqe outfits, I have plenty of those....for summer. My winter wardrobe? Not so much. So I'm franticly scrolling through Ebay, looking for fabulous deals, trying to find The Dress. So far it has eluded my grasp, so I may have to go thrifting tomorrow. And after the dress will come The Shoes.
I need to get my hair trimmed soon, so I'm planning on doing that, and I've been thinking about getting bangs, but is my face too fat for bangs and will they look too juvenile or will it be a much-needed update to my look?
I think I might be overthinking this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Haha, 1) Don't worry so much about what we think. It's gonna be fun, and we're all too busy having that to care if you wear anything! We'll admire whatever. You know, people's "misconceptions" die hard. ;) A weekend can't kill it.

2) The South in March is probably decently warm already. Your summery clothes might still work.

Popular Posts