snapshots of a weekend

Last week le husband convinced me to take a day off, so we ended up doing that on Friday. We drove up to Annapolis, where we strolled about downtown and ate ice cream. We also stopped in an accessories store called Pinktini, and, while much of it was a little too over-the-top for me, there was some fabulous inspiration to be found. See also: I think I need to make myself a fascinator! We also checked out a couple of local thrift stores; reviews coming soon. 
Saturday we shot a wedding in Easton, and it was lovely. I'll try to get some of those up today. My favorite moment was the time the mother of the bride was trying to click her heels together, and, hampered by her pencil skirt, hiked it up until you could see the tops of her thigh-highs. Don't worry--I got a picture. 
Sunday we got to go to the local wine festival. Twas a gorgeous, sunny, windy day, perfect for tasting wine and mulled cider. Sadly, we only had about an hour and a half to spend there, so I tried to get as much tasting in as possible. Sad fact: I was wobbly. Also sad fact: le husband and I have exact opposite tastes in wines; I like the dry whites and very smooth reds (working on it!) where he prefers those reds that sort of kick you in the back of the throat. !!! 
So there you have it: ramblings, and an explanation of why I haven't posted in a while. I don't have pictures of any of the above, because when I'm not being paid to do it, sometimes I like to just not take pictures and instead enjoy life. 
Happy news: am doing a "just for fun" photo shoot this weekend, with a plaid, spats, hats, and tights vibe. So fun! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
have you worn cowboy boots before?? There is supposed to be a slip in the heel. Hopefully, this means you don't have to lose them..they're cool!

Popular Posts